Business Development Manager
Calling all sales professionals who want to take their career to the next level
You will be assisting the growth of LogiSYM’s business through sales to supply chain and logistics services companies in the region across print, online, events and content, reporting into the Director of Partnerships.
LogiSYM is the leading global collaborative platform of the Logistics & Supply Chain Management Society and its sister publication and events platform, CargoNOW reaches out across different geographies within Asia and the Middle East.
Our events, news, publications and related platforms inform supply chain professionals across the globe in different industries and verticals around the world about the changing shape of a trillion dollar industry that is the cornerstone of any economy.
This is a fantastic role for an intelligent, ambitious individual looking to develop a career in the exciting fast-paced field of Media Sales.
As a Business Development Manager, you will undertake a mix of account management and new business development, with a focus on selling and growing the Asia and Middle-East business across all product lines. This will involve presenting LogiSYM’s and CargoNOW’s proposition via email, telephone and in face to face meetings to new commercial partners and existing clients.
The role will require you to:
• Develop new business leads and translate them into successful relationships with these partners and clients of LogiSYM and CargoNOW
• Manage and maintain positive relationships with existing clients and 3rd parties
• Develop an excellent knowledge of LogiSYM and all its product lines – publishing, digital, data, events, content – and be expected to talk confidently about them
• Develop a thorough understanding of the Asian and Middle East supply chain industry and ecosystem and be able to speak knowledgably to executives at all levels within the industry
• Assist with day to day account management queries
• Develop new business opportunities – this will include phone calls, emails, and setting up and attending business meetings in Singapore and the region
• Attend industry events, network with clients, and undertake associated administration and follow up
What you’ll need:
You should be an effective communicator able to confidently work with individuals at all levels of seniority. Relationship building will be second nature to you and you’ll enjoy meeting people and influencing their behaviour. People would describe you as;
• A self-starter and pro-active in your approach.
• Goal oriented and good with solving problems.
• Energetic, enthusiastic and tenacious.
Previous experience and profile:
You will have at least 2-3 years’ experience in a client facing sales role. Experience working with media agencies and media sales knowledge is advantageous. Previous knowledge or having an interest in learning about logistics and supply chain management would be ideal.
• Competitive package with high commission structure
• Excellent skills and professional development training and
• annual discretionary bonus.
If you are the right candidate for this job, please do not hesitate to apply! Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org